Monday, April 30, 2012

March for Babies

Yesterday morning I walked in my first March for Babies in Philadelphia. My husband and I marched with dear friends whose vibrant little boy came into the world at 26 weeks almost three years ago.  Their little boy marched/rode in a wagon with us during the four mile walk on a beautiful and sunny day. I was very proud and honored to be part of their team!

When we first arrived in front of the Art Museum my friend and I left the rest of the group to go register. As she filled out the paperwork I stood off to the side and became a little overwhelmed by the crowd and all the team t-shirts. I lost my breath a couple times... torn between sadness at many of the heart wrenching "In Memory" shirts and despairing over why I couldn't be part of the teams with the inspiring preemie survivors t-shirts. I desperately wanted to be part of my very own Mariah & Juliette miracle team... but that won't ever be and tears stung as my eyes as I tried to take deep breaths and focus on the amazing team I was part of for the day.

I am so glad there are so many organizations in our country to support worthy causes. My husband and I turned to the March of Dimes immediately after losing our daughters. We set up a fundraising page online as an option for our friends and loved ones to donate to in lieu of sending us flowers. We have been humbled by the amount of love and support we have received through the donations and hope our girls are proud of what we have done in their names.
Click here to see the March of Dimes Memorial Page for Mariah & Juliette!

Next year my husband and I plan to participate in the March for Babies again and have our very own "In Memory" team to honor our beautiful girls.





1 comment:

  1. Next year I would love to walk with you in honor of my beautiful nieces, Mariah and Juliette!

    ReplyDelete