Monday, May 7, 2012

Never Ending

Sometimes I just want to scream "Will this ever end?!"

I received a phone message from Babies R Us a few weeks ago about my registry and at the time it was easiest to just quickly delete it and do my best to pretend I hadn't heard it. Unfortunately I received another phone message from Babies R Us today that stated they would be following up with me so I knew I had to call back to get them to stop calling. When I called the store the woman I spoke to was very sweet and extremely apologetic because she said I had to call a different number in order to delete my registry to stop any further phone calls. I wasn't too pleased about having to explain things again but I called the new number because I didn't seem to have any other choice. The person I spoke to this time was not so pleasant and I had to explain my situation twice because she said the connection wasn't great and couldn't make out what I said. I was quietly crying by the end of my explanation and I guess the poor woman didn't know how to deal with me so she just asked me for my registry information and then told me my account was deleted. That was that. I'm left feeling empty, devastated, and angry all over again... due to a stupid registry.

A recent episode of Glee introduced me to a song by Kelly Clarkson called CRY. The lyrics in the chorus share exactly what I am feeling today... 

"Is it over yet 
Can I open my eyes
Is this as hard as it gets 
Is this what it feels like to really cry
Cry"






2 comments:

  1. If there are any other phone calls like that needed to be made ever just let me know, you can email/tell me the information and I would gladly make the call for you. You shouldn't have to deal with it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in from faces of loss. I'm so sorry. Dealing with the loss and the questions and explaining what happens over and over again is always hard, no matter how much time has passed. But it does get easier over time. It took me a while, but I can now explain what happened without breaking down.xxx

    ReplyDelete