Friday, June 22, 2012

Pretty in Pink



A while ago I ordered the beautiful photograph above from CarlyMarie, a photographer in Australia. She sufferred the loss of her son Christian in 2007 and in the ensuing years has felt called to help others who have lost their children. She has a website called CarlyMarie Project Heal. She is a talented photographer and writer and I am grateful to artists like her and D. Antonia Truesdale that share their gifts with the world and bring baby loss mothers comfort and hope for tomorrow.

I bring pink roses to my girls at the cemetery (just like the roses in the butterflies!) and I recently bought little pink butterflies to put in the ground at their site. My husband and I have begun talking about what kind of headstone we want for our girls. We are hopefully meeting with someone soon to discuss options and cost... I don't have a clue about anything in this area. Ideally I would love a pink granite headstone in the shape of a heart. I mostly think of my girls as my little lambs so hopefully I will be able to find lambs for the headstone to put next to their names somehow.

With school out for summer I am still managing to stay very busy. My husband is away for work so I am traveling with him and I also traveled home for a short visit with my family. My husband booked us a trip to California this summer so I am also just beginning to plan that. I am looking forward to this trip but also worried because my due date for the girls falls while we are away. Maybe it will be better to be away and busy on that day...




No comments:

Post a Comment